Monday, November 21, 2011

National Adoption Blogging Day

So, here's the thing: I'm the one that wanted to have kids more than anything. I did this knowing that I would have to keep working in order for our kids to have medical insurance - at least in our lovely state. It took a LONG time for Bub to decide that she would be a good parent and to agree to giving it a go.

Now, since she became unemployed (and can't find anything due to this awesome economy), she has been home every single day with the boys for 30 months. Now, try to tell me that they would not be traumatized if something happened to me and they were taken from her.

To the state, she is a legal stranger to them.

To them, she feeds them, helps them brush their teeth, plays trains, sings christmas songs, tickles them, goes for walks, takes them to story time at the library, takes them for ice cream, helps them practice their writing and math, and watches Wonder Pets or Thomas or Super Why. She is their parent.

Someday, she will be able to legally proclaim this. At least, I hope so.

2 comments:

Bee Girl said...

Oh man. I don't think about this every day, but I do think about this. Tool Lady and I don't have children yet, but we will. There is something seriously wrong with our society and I, too, am hopeful it will get better.

Bee Girl said...

To add on, I have a daughter who is 16 that no one would take her from Tool Lady if something ever happened to me. Plus it's in my Will. But when thinking about new, little ones, it gets much more complicated. Ugghhh.