Monday, July 14, 2008

Saturday without my guys

So, Bub and I went on our first fishing trip since the boys popped into our lives. We went out on our friend's boat like we do a couple of times each summer. This friend - Bruty's Dad - is so very generous with his time and conversation and laughter! All he expects in return is a sandwich (usually dry and boring) and a Mountain Dew.

We had a great time. Strawberry Res. was gorgeous and the temperatures were perfect. I don't have my license yet, so I just read a magazine while Bruty's Dad weighed the usefulness of the "long, flashy, thing" (he's such a gay fisherman) and Bub fished in her sports bra (Helloooooooo?!?! White woman?!?! Use sunscreen!!!) We ate, we had a couple of beers, we laughed, and Bub caught two nice trout.

Unfortunately, the boys are too little to go out on the boat. I'm not even sure that they make life jackets that small! So, it was a much needed day out for the moms, and although I had a great time, I missed the boys the entire time.

Being a working mom really sucks (for me). I only get to see them for a couple of hours at night before it's bedtime, so I really look forward to my boy-filled weekends. I'm grateful to Papa/Nana and Grandma/Grandpa for all that they do for us and our adorable tykes. I just wish that it were me, instead.....

No comments: