Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Circles, Squares, and Triangles - Oh My!

When we put the boys to bed at night, we always say “I love you, love you.” Since there are two boys, we say “love you” two times. Now, the boys repeat this all of the time. “I love you, love you, mommy” or “I love you, love you, cat” (even though the cat despises them).

So, the other day, Meatball was sitting on the carpet with a frisbee. He would put it on the floor, edges down, and push it into the carpet while twisting it. When he would pick it up, it would leave an impression of a circle in the carpet. So, he looked at the circle and said “I love, love circles.”

Last night in the bath with our tub crayons, both boys correctly identified any shape that I could think of: square, rectangle (which Meatball used to call a rec-triangle), triangle, circle, oval, star, heart, diamond, hexagon, octagon and flower (which I know isn't a shape, but it's something that I can actually draw). Now that they've mastered the octagon, I think we'll move on to something like tetrahedon, parallelogram, trapezoid, or rhombus.

No comments: