Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bad dreams?

Boys' door opens, closes, and I hear little sobs. Peanut walks into the TV room where I am sorting clothes. I hug him close.

Mommy: Did you have a bad dream?
Peanut: Uh-huh.
Mommy: Do you know what a dream is?
Peanut: No.
Mommy: It's when you see pictures in your head while you are asleep.
Peanut: OK.
Mommy: Did something scare you?
Peanut: Yeah.
Mommy: What was so scary?
Peanut (pauses): Can you tell me some scary things?
Mommy (thinking I don't want to put any ideas into his head): No. What if I thought something was scary, but you thought it was funny? That wouldn't be good. Like a toot. What if you made a toot, and it scared me. Aaaahhhkkk!!!
Peanut (giggles): Toots aren't scary, mommy.
Mommy: What about a burp? Yikes!
Peanut (giggles): Burps aren't scary.
Mommy: So, what were you scared of?
Peanut (pauses): A BURP! (Laughs like crazy)

Then, he went back to sleep.

No comments: