Monday, February 7, 2011

SB62 - tabled

Yet again, a bill that would have given Bub the ability to adopt her own kids has failed in committee in the Utah Senate. Oh my HELL, this state makes me so mad!

However, if I try to look on the bright side, I think that we made some new friends: Liam and his mommies. Here are the boys playing with Liam outside of the senate hearing room:

The boys also really liked the capitol building. It really is beautiful. They kept calling the rotunda an "art museum." Here they are with their non-LEGAL-but-everything-else mom by a statue of a lion (lion statues are really cool when you're three years old):

Yes - I have cried already today, and I've also checked out the company job board for positions in states where Bub could adopt. There is one in Cali...... All hope is not lost. There is still the possibility that HB108 will make it out of committee and to the entire floor to be heard. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: