Monday, March 26, 2012

Vegan-for-a-Month, week 2 complete

At the end of last week, I had only lost one more pound. I think there are a couple of reasons for this:

First, my "no sugar" kick lasted only about a week which is typical. Why is that so stinking hard for me? I have, however, managed to steer clear of the chocolate.

Second, I had another "episode" mid-week. This means that I was far too dizzy to exercise, and when I was able to, I could only give it a half-hearted effort without barfing.

(Side note: as requested by the ENT, I made my way to his office to be tested again to show the difference between healthy and un-healthy in my inner ear. The re-diagnosis of PET was actually the MIS-diagnosis, and the original problem of Meniere's was confirmed for sure. So, it is what it is. Significant hearing loss during episodes. That will eventually result in profound loss in the affected ear. Whatever - I made my peace with that years ago. Moving on.)

Third, I found that vegans CAN eat microwave popcorn because there is not one shred of actual butter in there. (Eeewww....)

So, my love of popcorn + limited exercise + sugar = not a good combo.

And, yes, I realize that salt (and, therefore salted popcorn) is on the no-can-eat list for Meniere's sufferers. I know; I know!

Guess what else I realized this weekend? French fries and onion rings are completely vegan! Shouldn't un-healthy stuff be banned altogether when adopting a healthier diet? You would think so because, otherwise, what's the point? Well, yes. That makes sense. However, those were the ONLY things on the bowling alley menu that were vegan.

No comments: