Friday, October 5, 2012

11 things about me today

1). I am ridiculously behind on blogging. Ug! I'm sure that my two readers are devastated.
2) I do not like reclining seats on the bus (or airplanes, for that matter). Unless you are enormous or you have a medical condition that requires you to tilt back an additional two inches, I think you should just suck it up and sit up straight like that rest of us. Unless, of course, the rest of us also recline in a domino fashion to allow for your comfort.
3) I am fascinated with shows on religion and religious communities (Amish, Hudderite, Etc.) even though I am not religious or even very spiritual, for that matter.
4) I am incredibly skeptical of ghosts and spirits and the like, but if I'm ever in New York again for any reason whatsoever, I'm totally making an appointment with Long Island Medium. Just in case. Plus, she cracks me up.
5) Fall in Utah is even shorter than spring. I'm expecting it to snow any moment and completely ruin any color that is left on the trees.
6) I'm convinced that given 500 acres, some plants, and a few chickens, I could be the world's greatest homesteader. Not that I have any real experience, AND I'm the only Utahn in 2012 that failed to have a bumper harvest of zucchini. I'm just sure that I could do it. I don't know why I'm nuts enough to think that. Doesn't hurt, though. The chance of getting 500 acres (or even 5) is so amazingly unrealistic.
7) I can't stand Las Vegas. It puts me over the edge. I don't know why. Something to do with the human trafficking, the sleaze, the constant litter, the over-the-top consumerism, the spectacle. But the gelato is awesome.
8) I don't spend nearly as much time with my dad as I should.
9) I'm bottling squash soup this weekend. I'm overly excited about this. Bub told me that it smells like feet. Shit. What does she know? It tastes awesome.
10). Looks like this is the weekend to tear out the rest of the garden. Boo hoo!
11) yesterday, I scheduled a dentist appointment to fix a BROKEN TOOTH on Monday instead of the appointment that they had open today. Why? So that I wouldn't miss weight class. Who the hell have I become?

No comments: