Monday, December 14, 2009

Pretty Marble Eggs

So, we have ten differently colored marble eggs. They are actual size, and we really liked taking them out of their bowl and counting them and naming the colors. It became a fun activity as soon as I walked in the door at the end of the work day. “Mommy, Mommy! Count the eggs?” So, we would sit on the floor and count and point to the colors and line them up in an egg train and put them in and out of the bowl. It was fun. The eggs were at a level where the boys could reach them play with them at will. They started taking the eggs and placing them in different places in the front room like in the bowl of one of our African figures, behind the legs of the stereo console, on the keys of the piano.

One Saturday, I was doing dishes, and Bubba was running errands. The boys were playing with the eggs. After a while, I heard Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! sounds. Thinking that they were dropping the eggs on the floor or the coffee table, I went in prepared to give them a good talking to. Imagine my dismay when I saw that they had pulled the cover off and were dropping the eggs down the heating duct!!!

I was able to just pull most of them out. However, I had to get a big spoon out with a long handle and jam my arm down the duct as far as it would go, and I could still barely get to the last egg. Luckily, the duct ran parallel to the floor instead of dropping off immediately!

No comments: