Monday, December 14, 2009

Self Directed Time Out

So, lately upon being placed in time out, both of our brilliant little people have realized what time out means and what happens at the beginning, middle, and end.

In a few attempts at a pre-emptive strike, Meatball has decided to put himself into time out when he does something that he knows is naughty. “I go naughty corner,” really means “If I say when I go, I can also say how long I sit there, which won’t be more than 30 seconds.” Nice try….

At the end of time out, the offender must say he is sorry to the victim and give hugs. Peanut is also trying to work the system by saying, after mere moments, “Mommy, I sorry. I wuv you. I get up now.” Uh, no, no, no, no, little man….

A recent favorite is when I say to either of them “Go to the naughty corner,” they reply “No, YOU go naughty corner!” Listen, little demons, you’re not scoring any points with that, but I must say that I love how cute and funny it is!

No comments: