Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Do You Say?

The other morning around 3am, Peanut climbed into bed with us. No, I don’t even try to stop it, because, frankly, I don’t care. I’m that mom, and you can judge me all you want. Someday, they won’t even want to be seen in the same car as me, so I’ll get all of the snuggle time now that I can get. Besides, there will be plenty of nights in the future where they stay in their own beds…..

Anyway, Peanut climbed into bed and started talking. It took a couple of minutes before I convinced him to at least whisper so that he wouldn’t wake Bub. Once he started whispering, we had this exchange:
Peanut: Mom?
Me: What?
Peanut: Where is my milk?
Me: Well, it’s probably in the fridge.
Peanut (sweetly): You can get it for me?
Me: (sigh) What do you say?
Peanut: Thank you.

Oops! We’re missing an important “please” in there somewhere! I still got up and got the milk. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he was holding my face in his two little hands and talking to me by the light of the moon trickling through our window blinds.

Man, these kids are cute!

Damn, I am a sucker!

No comments: