Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sleepover with friends

I’ve talked about our sleeping arrangements before, but here’s a recap:

I allowed the boys to fall asleep on my lap in the rocking chair when they were babies.

We let them sleep in our beds almost anytime they want.

I have slept on their floor when them in their beds and even with them next to me on the floor.

The three of us have fallen asleep together after story time in a single bed.

We have our sleeping bags together when we camp in the backyard, in the basement, in the living room, and in the TV room.

I know, I know. AND, I don’t care.

Recently (starting a couple of weeks ago, before school started), I started weaning them (and me) off of our sleeping arrangements. When I’ve done this in the past, Meatball was always the one to get really upset. Now, it’s Peanut. So, I make an excuse (that they see right through) like needing to feed the dogs, or needing to do the dishes, and kiss them goodnight. I promise that I will come back and check on them.

BUT, before I go, Peanut now needs to be surrounded by his friends. He will hold on to seven or eight stuffed animals all night long.


Meatball is satisfied with one or two. As long as Baby (his blue and white dog) is there, then he is happy.

No comments: