Thursday, October 23, 2008

She's quite a piece of work

From a Yahoo news article:
"NEW YORK — Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin says she supports a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, a break with John McCain, who has said he believes states should be left to define what marriage is.

In an interview with Christian Broadcasting Network, the Alaska governor said she had voted in 1998 for a state amendment banning same-sex marriage and hoped to see a federal ban on such unions. She said she believed traditional marriage is the foundation for strong families."

So, exactly what did she teach her daughter?

Before South Salt Lake (BN) blasts me, I understand that teenagers make mistakes. I've made my share as both a teen and an adult. But, really - what is she teaching her family? She doesn't believe in sex ed = pregnant teen daughter, and traditional marriage is the foundation for strong families = unwed pregnant teen daughter. I know, I know. They plan to get married. Well, that's good. But, the young man has QUIT high school to work full-time = Unwed pregnant teen daughter marrying a high-school drop out.

In the "real" world, these two kids wouldn't stand a chance. Even though Palin is somewhat of a celebrity now, they still may would struggle for years and years.

And, in the end, how is my union with Bub going to impact her marriage or her daughter's lack thereof? IT'S NOT. IT WON'T. How is her daughter's circumstance impacting me? Other than giving me something to write and talk about, it's not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU!!! You said what I have been thinking. Take your comments and add a 7 year old toting a $700+ Louis Vuitton handbag