Monday, April 19, 2010

The Ants Go Marching 1x1

Hurrah! Hurrah!

Ants are one of the reasons that it takes us so long to complete a walk around the block. With careful consideration, I realize that ants are really pretty cool and interesting. I had lots of time to actually do this considering since we checked them out for at least 15 minutes. The boys were very nice and careful not to touch or step on the little crawlies, but it was hard because they were everywhere! Thanks to a Dora The Explorer video, we’re convinced that all ants are mean (because they threatened to ruin her picnic and they had big snapping jaws). I guess this isn’t all that bad since I truly don’t want the boys sticking their hands in any ant hills anytime soon.

I must admit that I got nice and bored while watching the ants, but since it wasn’t all about me (what?!?!), I bit my tongue and watched and studied and talked to the ants with the boys. It was fun, and I hope it was an important learning experience for them since we talked about what the ants were doing, where they might be going, and etc.

The next exciting time killer: pinecones! Oh, the wonders…


Meatball




Peanut





Meatball watching the ants travel





Checking it out





Peanut really giving the ants the once over

No comments: