Monday, April 9, 2012

Vegan-for-a-month, complete

So, this was an interesting experiment. As I have said, I think that it would have been much harder if I hadn't already been eating vegetarian for almost a year.

It wasn't too difficult for me. I think that the hardest part was for everyone else. It seemed like I was just much more of a burden to those around me for this month. Granted, the first couple of months of vegetarianism felt a lot the same, and everyone seemed to get used to it. But, I don't like being a pain in the ass, and that's how I felt.

I will definitely cut out more dairy from my diet. That was a good change. I don't mind the soy/almond/coconut substitutes (except for the extra cost). The boys actually love soy milk. Even Bub didn't mind it. I also never realized how much I rely on cheese as a go-to snack or meal addition. No wonder my butt is so huge!

But, in the end, I missed eggs. And chocolate. And chocolate eggs. So, there you have it....

No comments: