Monday, January 18, 2010

WHAT IN THE HOLY NAME OF…..?!??!!?

So, I attended my first residency for the MBA program. All I know is this: HOLY CATS!

Beneath my cool, suave, and completely organized exterior (sarcasm intended), I am a second-guessing, sometimes self-loathing, scared, and anxious woman who is terrified that I’m in over my head.

It’s a good thing I’m not dramatic…

It’s only 18 months, and then I’ll be done, and I’ll be able to add three letters to my business card. I hope that it will make me promotable, marketable, and a smarter business woman because, let’s face it, now that I’ve already been doing it for 20 years, I’m going to stay in business, so I might as well make it as successful as I can. I might as well make ME as successful as I can.

Besides, I have two little people to put through college someday.

So, OK. Enough pity party. I’m smart enough to get it done. Organized? Well, I’ll become that, too.

Oh, here’s another thing.
“I’m proud of you.” Four words that I crave coming from one of two people that I want to hear it from, dad. Didn't get enough of it while growing up, so it was good. It felt good. Just wait ‘til I finish the program! It will be even sweeter, then.

No comments: