Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent Messages

We have an advent calendar that is super cute, but the little stockings are so teeny that you can't fit much more than a roll of Smarties in them. So, this year, I decided to do something different. I have written little notes to Bub and the boys and placed them in the stockings to be read each morning. The notes say things like "I like it when you sing. It makes me happy. Love, Mommy" or "You are such a fast runner! Way to go! Love, Mommy" or "Thanks for teaching our kids the difference between right and left. Good job."
I hope that Bub and the boys have as much fun reading the messages as I did creating them. I hope that this can be a yearly tradition (read: I hope I remember to do this every year). The picture is fuzzy, but it gets the point across.

No comments: