Saturday, August 25, 2012

AARP celebration

A couple of weeks ago, Bub called me while I was at work. She wanted to tell me something that I was going to get a kick out of. She was right. She had just received her AARP membership card in the mail. Bwha-ha-ha-ha-ha! After I hung up the phone, I laughed EVEN HARDER!

You see, she has been freaking out about turning 50 since the day after she turned 49. Oh, I’m so old. Woe is me. Waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa. Boo-hoo. I might as well crawl into a cave or under a rock. Blah, blah, blah.

So, it was like rubbing salt into a wound to receive that in the mail. Who knew that you could get AARP at 50? I thought it was only after 60. It’s actually going to be useful for us as she can get some health insurance. It might not be superb, but anything will be a thousand times better than what she has right now.








No comments: