Sunday, March 16, 2008

The news is sinking in

We're on day 5 of "twin news" and we're both getting more comfortable with the idea. It really was just so stinking shocking!

The tots each have their own room at Hilton Utero, so they are most likely not identical.

Sandra the Sonogram lady had the only logical explanation that I've heard so far: "Women are born with all they eggs they are ever going to have. As we get older, some bodies just want to get rid of the eggs and start pushing two or three out each ovulation."

Our doc is still very surprised, and I think, kind of pissed that she didn't hear both heartbeats. However, at the time of the amnio, one was on bottom and one up high. She was listening low at our last appointment, so maybe that's why she missed it?

Regardless of the shock factor, I've decided that it is what it is. We can either walk around with stupid looks on our faces or we can get our butts in gear and get stuff done. It doesn't do me any good to dwell on the "holy shit-ness" of it all. I had my time with the news, and now I need to move forward. (Secretly, in the back of my mind, I'm still weirded out but doing my best to surpress these thoughts....)

No comments: