Monday, March 17, 2008

Size does matter (to a pregnant lesbian)

You know, I'm not really that big. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me. When they find out that I'm 5 1/2 months along, they are astounded. This means two things:
1) I've always looked huge, or
2) I just wear baggy and unflattering clothes all of the time since I'm still wearing most of my normal shirts.
Yeah, I'm overweight, but I'm not enormous! I think that I'm just carrying them closer to my spine. They aren't really poking out all that much.

The doc says that I'm right on target for twins, so I must not be measuring too big.

I am definitely hoping to breastfeed, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to. I used to be very, very well endowed. I had a reduction seven years ago. At that time, the doc said that I may never be able to breastfeed because all of the years with big boobs and my fairly active lifestyle (lots of horseback riding) may have already torn/scarred my ducts. My OB says that we'll just have to wait and see.
******************
"You're so tiny!!!"
I have never, ever, ever in my hefty life heard those words. I'm going to relish them now because I'm sure that I'll wake up one morning and my tummy boys will be entering rooms before I do!

No comments: